FSR Verkehr



What is the FSR Verkehr?

We are the student council for Transport Sciences of the “Friedrich List” student body (short: FSR Verkehr) and your lobby at “Friedrich List” Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences at TU Dresden.

What does “FSR” stand for?

FSR stands in german for “Fachschaftsrat” (eng: student council of a faculty)

What does the FSR Verkehr do?

Our tasks and topics are derived from the “Sächsisches Hochschulfreiheitsgesetz“. We are active in the following areas:

  • Student interest representation and committee work: We send student representatives to internal university committees and to the student council.
  • Services: We offer a wide range of services, from advice on questions and problems during your studies to a job and internship exchange.
  • Events and Parties
  • Support of student projects of the student body of our faculty

How I can get involved at FSR Verkehr?

Every year at the beginning of the winter semester, you can run for the student council in the student council and university elections. If you want to get to know us better, you can simply visit us at our next meeting.

When do the FSR meetings take place?

During the lecture period, they take place every Monday at 20:05 in room POT-13. You can find the dates during the semester break in the calendar on the website.

Can I get involved in the FSR if I am not an elected member?

Yes, sure! In our “Dunstkreis” you can do everything in the FSR, except the offices of the speaker and the treasurer.

What is the FSR’s “Dunstkreis”?

The Dunstkreis consists of students who are involved in the FSR and are not elected members.

What does “Fachschaft” stands for?

The “Fachschaft” (eng: student body of a faculty) are all students of a faculty. The student council (the FSR) represents these students.

What are the “Ressorts” of the FSR?

“Ressorts” (eng: departments) are open working groups in which the tasks of the FSR are dealt with. Each department has a head, who leads the department, and department members. The departments organise the events and offer the services.

What are the „Listige Vereinigungen“?

The „Listige Vereinigungen“ are the student groups (some of them approved university groups) that are active at our faculty. We always try to support them as much as we can. You can find out about their activities at our partners.

What is the StuRa?

StuRa stands in german for Studierendenrat (eng: student council of the university) which is the university-wide student representative body. Its plenum members are elected by the student councils of the faculties (FSR). In the StuRa-Baracke they offer a wide range of services and advice. You can find more information about the StuRa on their Website.

How can I get my project or event idea supported by you?

If the entire student body of our faculty benefits from your idea, chances are good that we can provide you with funds from our “pot for the promotion of student initiatives”. Just get in touch with our Treasurer!

How does studying at tu dresden work?

How could I get more informations about course of studies at TU Dresden?

We have every year information days about the courses of studies at our faculty in janouary (UNI LIVE) and in may/June (Uni Tag).

How can I get my timetable?

The current timetables can you find here.(Linkeinf ̈ugen)

What is AQUA?

With the General Qualification (AQUA), further inter-disciplinary competences are acquired. Find out in your study regulations(Pr ̈ufungsordnung), in the module description and in the Aqua catalog which and how many lectures you have to attend for your General Qualification.

What is a ”Studiengangskoordinator?”

Study coordinators (Studiengangskoordinatoren) are responsible for quality assurance and quality maintenance of your course of study. They are your contact persons for questions and problems concerning the quality of your course of study, your lectures or your examinations.

What is the ”Studienordnung?”

The study regulations (Studienordnung) describe the basic structure, sequence and objectives of your course of study.

What is the ”Studienplanführer?

In the study plan guide (Studienplanführer) you will find the module descriptions and a schedule of your studies.

What means N.N?

It means name unknown.

What is the 2nd week (2. Woche)?

It is an even calendar week. Courses which take place only bi-weekly are differentiated according to even and odd calendar weeks.

What is the ”Regelstudienzeit”?

It is the standard period of study. It can be extended by semesters abroad, sick leave or work in university committees. It covers 10 semesters for traffic engineers, 6 semesters for bachelor’s and 4 semesters for master’s degree programs.

Can I exceed the standard period of study?

Yes, the number of semesters you can exceed is stated in your examination regulations (Prüfungsordnung).

I’m having trouble with my tutor ( ̈Ubungsleiter). What can I do?

First of all, you should talk with your tutor. You can also change to another training group. Otherwise, you can also contact your study coordinator (Studiengangskoordinator).


When are the registration times for the exams?

You can find the registration times for the exams here on the page of the examinations office.

How can i deregister from an exam?

You can deregister from an exam in HISQIS or Selma up to three working days before the exam. You can find more informations here on the page of the examination office.

How many times coud I repeat an exam?

You could repeat exams two times. You can find more informations on the page of the examination office.

What is the examination regulations for?

The examination regulations determine the type, structure, deadlines and repetition of examinations, but also the recognition of examination achievements from other universities.

General tips

How do I receive and read emails to my TU email?

You can read your emails directly in Outlook Web App lesen, forward them to your private email address forward and forward them to another Email-Client or your Smartphone.

How do I travel cheaper by train through Germany?

As a member of our student council you can apply for the Travel Industry Card, which allows you to book the Super Sparpreis DB PEP with the German Railways at a lower price.

What is ISIC?

Stands for International Student Card. With this card you can get discounts. (e.g. 50 % discount on all tickets in the Czech Republic) It can be issued at the StuRa-Baracke for 18 Euros.