TU it NOW – Sustainability Week between 17 and 28 June
From 17 – 28 June, a sustainability week will take place with lots of exciting programmes around the topic of sustainability. Not only the environment will be the focus of this week, but also social sustainability. During this week you will have the opportunity to meet sustainability actors from TU Dresden and the city of Dresden on campus and online.
The FSR Transport is also participating in this sustainability week and is organizing, among other things, a bicycle tour on the topic of transport planning of bicycle infrastructure. This will take place on Wednesday 22 June. At the beginning of the sustainability week, during the sustainability breakfast and the sustainability party, especially good or bad bike lanes in Dresden will be collected. We will develop a bike tour to visit these places on the spot. Join us and explore the bike infrastructure of Dresden.
Starting point is at 15:00 at the Mobipunkt in front of the Potthoffbau.
Furthermore, the following programme awaits you this week:
- Ring in the weekend at the Sustainability Party on 17 June from 4 pm and get to know the TU Environmental Initiative, the Green Office and other initiatives with music, drinks and snacks.
- If you would like to start the week with a relaxed breakfast and learn more about the actors and projects on the topic of sustainability at TU Dresden, the Sustainability Breakfast on 20 June between 10 am and 12 pm on the HSZ lawn is the right place to be. Various initiatives, groups, students, interested parties and TU staff can exchange ideas and talk about the university’s sustainable projects and processes in a relaxed atmosphere. A get-to-know-you and exchange with a breakfast atmosphere. Everyone is welcome. The FSR Architecture will provide food and drink, and with the Smoothie Wheel you can make your own smoothie by leg power in cooperation with Foodsharing and the Environmental Coordination. The FSR Verkehr also invites you to participate in sustainable mobility projects, and with the Diversity Wheel of Fortune you can test your knowledge on the topic of diversity. Please register at: https://tu-dresden.de/tu-dresden/umwelt-und-klima/greenoffice/anmeldung-nachhaltigkeitswoche by 6.6.
- On 21 June (Tuesday) between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. in front of the Günther Landgraf Building, you can take a closer look at the TU Dresden’s energy consumption at the Energy & Climate Protection Action Day. At the Baby and Children’s Clothes Exchange between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., well-preserved children’s clothes and toys can be brought and exchanged in front of the campus office. From 5 p.m. the Campus-RepairCafé in the Makerspace of the SLUB opens its doors again for all people who want to repair a household appliance or have something sewn. Registration at: https://tu-dresden.de/tu-dresden/umwelt-und-klima/greenoffice/anmeldung-repaircafe
- On 22.06. (Wednesday) you can experience the UN Sustainable Development Goals by bike tour on campus between 1 and 2.30 pm. The tour ends at the SLUB community garden, where you can garden together, make your own herb curd with fresh herbs and drink coffee. Registration at: https://tu-dresden.de/tu-dresden/umwelt-und-klima/greenoffice/anmeldung-nachhaltigkeitswoche. You will also have the opportunity to take part in a consumption-conscious city walk organised by BUNDjugend at 5.30 pm.
- On 23.06. (Thursday) numerous sustainability initiatives of the TU Dresden and the city of Dresden will present themselves on the HSZ-Wiese between 4 and 6 pm. Come by and see what’s happening in terms of sustainability.
- On 24 June (Friday), Zukunftsstadt Dresden will be visiting the TUD campus and, together with the Green Office and the Climate Camp, will be organising a varied programme to get to know each other, get active, help shape things and listen. At the Market of Opportunities, the numerous citizens’ projects of the Future City will be presented, various inputs and lectures will provide insights into city administration and science, and at the Sustainable Coffee Hour, sustainability actors from TU Dresden and the state capital Dresden will meet and talk. At the same time, the WerkStadtKoffer of Zukunftsstadt Dresden will be released together with the IÖR. Come by, there will also be a small programme for children, planned by the Climate Camp. There will also be the TUUWI project day on the topic with “Saving the world with food”. The day will end with the summer cinema of KiK in cooperation with TUUWI and the film “Gundermann” on the HSZ meadow around 9 pm.
- On 28.06. (Tuesday), those interested can take part in the workshop “TU it NOW – Helping to shape TU Dresden’s sustainability strategy”.
Between 22 June and 26 June, a climate camp will also take place on the HSZ meadow. Lectures, discussions and workshops will provide new motivation for dealing with the climate crisis, in line with TU Dresden’s motto “Climate Change is real. Everyone needs to act. TUD starts now! The overarching goal is to bring as many different members and associates of the university as possible to the table to jointly chart the path towards a climate-neutral university. In doing so, all participants should have a positive outlook on the future. The camp will be rounded off by artistic contributions in the evening hours.
You can find all information about the Sustainability Week here: https://tu-dresden.de/umwelt/nachhaltigkeitswoche. Information on the climate camp here: https://bit.ly/klimacampdresden
We, as well as all other organisers and promoters, are looking forward to a large turnout!